Website New York School for the Deaf
REPORTS TO: Principal, Middle/High School
● Reviews incoming mail, distribute routine matters to the appropriate department, and
provides pertinent support material for all correspondence handled by the Principal.
● Regularly briefs the Principal on the status of current topics, projects, and activities.
● Handles phone requests to the Principal’s Office and takes action on those calls that
do not require the Principal’s immediate attention or approval.
● Serves as communications contact between the Principal’s Office and other
departments on campus.
● Drafts letters, memos, and reports for the Principal’s approval and/or signature.
● Use of PowerSchool for the following duties:
● Inputs all MS/HS student and staff class schedules
● Attendance records
● Progress reports
● Report cards
● Discipline records
● Maintains correspondence and calendar for the Principal.
● Maintains required and appropriate student files, as well as general office files.
● Enters curriculum and student records into the computer.
● Maintains weekly information for the payroll department
● Prepares requisitions and requests for the purchase of supplies and materials for
● Maintains records, reports, and requests for personal leave, professional leave, and
sick days for the instructional staff.
● Completes projects assigned by the Principal, which may involve research, analysis
and/or coordination with other school departments or outside agencies.
● Assists in the scheduling and coordination of all MS/HS events such as; school
pictures, school assemblies, award ceremonies, senior activities, graduation,
parent-teach conferences, and back-to-school night.
● Safeguards the confidentiality of information and materials.
● Provides clerical support to the Athletic Director in various capacities as needed
● Provides clerical support to the Guidance Counselor in various capacities as needed
● All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
● High school graduate with at least five years of administrative assistant experience.
● BA degree preferred.
● Knowledge of PowerSchool and IEP Direct preferred.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Google
● Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Excellent verbal and written skills.
● Fluency in American Sign Language and ability and willingness to improve
Applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless eligible for a
medical or religious exemption in accordance with E.E.O.C. requirements.
SALARY: $40,000 – $47,500
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 2, 2022
TO APPLY: FAX Resume and cover letter to (914) 703-4004 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The New York School for the Deaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit nysd.net.