Website Barrie House Coffee Co.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment to assure the uninterrupted flow of production in accordance with company procedure and specifications. Coordinates with production leadership to ensure a smooth flow of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focus on Good Manufacturing and Food Safety practices at all times.
- Analyze mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical problems and make repairs thought adjustment, defective parts replacement, or fabrication.
- Provides mechanical and technical expertise to maintain machinery.
- Ensure all plant equipment is functioning at optimum levels by performing short-term repairs and long-term improvements.
- Responsible for reporting technical and operational problems on all equipment.
- Generates repairs and modifications as necessary.
- Assists with scheduling and performing planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Operate a variety of material handling equipment regarding proper testing.
- Document actins in maintenance logs and checklists.
- Operates and maintains workshop, tools for on-site maintenance and repair.
- Wire moderately complex control circuits.
- Provides analysis and recommendations regarding mechanical failures.
- Recommend and execute overhauls and modifications to improve equipment operations.
- Contribute to the improvement of the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Setup of a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Adjust machines for changeovers.
- Use of a wide variety of tools to make the necessary adjustments.
- Must get line up and running to standard within time standards.
- Teach basic mechanical skills to line operators to support autonomous maintenance.
- Ability to quickly learn to weld and machine metals, plastics, and composites.
- Fabricate or replicate minor pieces for the repair or replacement of parts on equipment.
- Identify root causes of mechanical, electrical and control failures and resolve with effective problem-solving tools with minimal downtime or supervision.
- Generate productivity and continuous improvement ideas.
- Maintains safe, clean work environment, performs job safely.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards, and safety requirements directed by BHC and the department.
- Performs all other duties prescribed by Management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Read, Write, Speak, and understand English.
- Five plus years in a maintenance/manufacturing environment.
- Three years’ experience in electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Two years’ experience in a role repairing and maintaining high speed packaging equipment.
- Experience maintaining some building and all equipment performance of tasks related to electrical, plumbing, compressed air, environmental, safety, OSHA and all governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate technical or operational issues clearly and concisely.
- Industrial maintenance experience within a manufacturing setting required.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical plant equipment.
- Ability to understand and create mechanical and electrical blueprints and technical equipment manuals.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of welding, plumbing and machinery.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards.
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and good housekeeping standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Ability to address complex problems and propose viable solutions.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be punctual and dependable.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills with all employees.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to frequently walk, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist and reach overhead required.
- Subject to coffee dust and loud equipment noise.
- Personal protection equipment and other Good Manufacturing Practices are mandatory.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for nine or more hours.
- 401K with company match
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
*No recruiting agencies
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org