Website Mount Vernon Neighborhood Health Center Inc. (Greenburgh Health Center)
Assists the Physician and Nurse in the delivery of care to the Center’s patients. Performs clerical duties as required by the medical staff. Provides phlebotomy and all lab-related services. Under the general supervision of the Nurse Coordinator, the incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the Physician, Mid-Level Providers in the delivery of care to the patients. Assists the Nurse in servicing the patients with their special needs and directs the patients to the proper areas within the Center. Assists in the outreach to patients. Performs blood draws, reconciliation of Accession log sheets, filing, scanning, and distribution of lab reports, maintains lab supplies, etc.
- Screens patients (i.e. B/P, Ht. Wt., HC, CC, Temp., BMI, Pregnance test urine dipstick, etc.)
- Performs Phlebotomy services
- Sterilizes instruments
- Prepares examination rooms for providers
- Maintains supplies (exam room and lab)
- Provides chaperone and assistance (i.e., Pap smear, colposcopy, Bx., Staple removal, etc.)
- Organizes, cleans and sanitizes examination rooms and lab.
- Ensures availability of all lab reports and correspondence (medical and otherwise)
- Photocopy patient documents and reports as required
- Manages abnormal results as directed by the nurse manager.
- Answers telephone calls
- Activates/deactivates night call feature of telephone
- EHR (documentation, scanning, etc.)
- Assumes pertinent duties to back-up Patient Access Representative in his/her absence (such as register patients, appointment scheduling, patient check in and out, accept payments, etc.)
- Translation as needed
- Assists with preparation of Covid-19 nasal swabs test kit for Nursing and Provider staff
- Reports to the nurse coordinator or his/her designee
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Fair knowledge of medical terminology and technology
- Good knowledge of Center’s services and general functioning of the Center
- Fair knowledge of local community agencies available to service the community
- Ability to communicate with residents and Health Center staff effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with residents and families within the community served by the Center
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Emotional maturity
- Good judgment, tact and integrity.
- Graduation from a standard high school. Training as Medical Assistant or Certification as Medical Assistant a plus.
- Must be able to communicate cleary to patients, vendors and employees of the network
- Must be able to to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds. Frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking, pushing and pulling is exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift
- Must be flexible in changing environment
- Good oral and written communication skills needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply
To apply for this job please visit www.greenburghhealthcenter.com.