Mobile/Home-Visiting Psychotherapist (Social Worker)
by GBPlanning | Feb 22, 2023
The goal of this program is to provide mental health services to the underserved, elderly, mobility-impaired population residing in the city of Mount Vernon and in parts of the Bronx. The Mobile / Home-Visiting Psychotherapist Social Worker (LCSW/”the clinician”) will visit MVNHC, Inc. patients in their homes to perform Adult Mental Health Psychosocial Assessments and to provide mental health treatment and social work services. The LCSW will work under the supervision of the Director of Social Work and will function as part of a treatment team. The clinician will travel to patients’ homes in a vehicle which will be provided by the organization. The LCSW will travel to patients’ homes with a Medical Assistant. The clinician will conduct Social Determinants of Health and P.R.A.P.A.R.E. screenings with patients in the patient’s homes. The LCSW will see patients in the health center(s) when not working in the field.
- Visit elderly, homebound, and/or mobility-impaired MVNHC, Inc. patients in their homes.
- Perform assessments, and provide treatment and services.
- Function as a member of the Social Work Team, and respond well to supervision.
- Collaborate and consult with Health Center staff, as needed.
- Develop preventive interventions, as needed, for the specific population being served.
- Document patients’ treatment in the Electronic Health Record.
- Provide therapeutic interventions.
- Provide information, referral, and linkages to patients and family members, as needed.
- Maintain patient and family confidentiality.
- Provide short-term and long-term psychotherapy (individual and/or family therapy), as appropriate.
- Provide mandated evaluation when abuse or neglect is suspected.
- Engage in safety planning when warranted.
- Formulate interventions appropriate to the home setting.
- Consult with supervisor and psychiatrists as needed.
- See patients in the health center(s) when not in the field.
- Perform both clinical and generalist social work tasks.
- Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work required.
- NY State Social Work License required.
- L.C.S.W. strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferred.
- New York State Driver’s license.
- Impeccable driving record.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply