Website Greenburgh Nature Center
The Greenburgh Nature Center is a 33-acre nature preserve in the heart of lower Westchester
in Scarsdale, New York. The Nature Center is seeking a qualified part time educator to work in
our education department. The ideal candidate will be reliable, have a strong work ethic, work
well in a team, and have a willingness to learn on the go. A degree in Environmental Science or
related field and previous teaching experience and/or working with kids is a plus.
● Serve as an educator in our nature education programs
● Interact with and educate the public about wildlife and conservation in our live animal museum
● Help care for our live animal collection including cleaning enclosures, changing bedding, providing fresh food and water and enrichment training activities etc.
● Help to oversee High School volunteers in the animal museum.
● Ground maintenance including identifying and removing invasive species, filling bird feeders, litter sweeps and assistance with our garden and greenhouse etc.
● Lead and assist in summer camp programs.
● Represent the Nature Center at various community and tabling events such as farmers markets and town events
● Support the education team in additional initiatives when necessary
Schedule and Compensation:
● Hours per week: 29 hours per week, flexible hours ranging from Tuesday-Sunday 9am-5pm
● Salary: $15/hr
● Duration: Looking for a candidate committed to be with us through at least August 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org