by GBPlanning | Feb 22, 2023
Performs bookkeeping and accounting functions; performs related work as required. Under the supervision of the Controller, is responsible for various aspects of financial record keeping. Work involves the responsibility for processing payroll, payroll account reconciliations, contract vouchering, monitoring contract balances, preparation of various desk audits, and other related tasks. In this position it is critical to be a team player, communication is also key. At times it is also necessary to be able to work independently, meeting deadlines is very significant. Reliability and confidentiality is also crucial in this position. The Payroll / Grant Accountant will have contact with other organizations such as our external Auditors and various other state agencies. It is necessary to be able to communicate clearly and, to deliver tasks in a timely manner for Manager’s review.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepares contract vouchers.
- Verifies medical and dental deductions and other related Insurance.
- Completes employment verifications and other state agency inquiries.
- Reconciles payroll liability accounts.
- Prepares payroll deduction vouchers and reviews T&E expenses.
- Prepares and Enters Payroll Journal Entries.
- Prepares support for Bi-Weekly Federal drawdown.
- Ensures all payroll year-end adjustments and processes are complete.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3 years of Payroll Experience.
- Entering new hires, employee changes, and voluntary deductions in the payroll system.
- Processing of manual checks, such as terminations and discrepancies.
- Prepare and process garnishments.
- Calculate new hire pay, termination pay, and any other required adjustments.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of office procedures and equipment.
- Ability to interact well with others, accuracy, neatness.
- Must be detail-oriented, and able to adhere to tight deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task is an asset, and reliability and confidentiality are key for this position.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Payroll Software, Proficient in ADP Workforce Now for Windows is a plus.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply