Website Greenburgh Nature Center
Greenburgh Nature Center is seeking a part-time receptionist.
Receptionist Job Description
The Greenburgh Nature Center is a non-profit nature preserve set on 33 beautiful acres in the heart of lower Westchester County in Scarsdale, New York. We offer an extensive platform of nature and environmental education for the benefit and enjoyment of our many visitors. Our mission is to ignite passion, curiosity and respect for our natural world. We are seeking a part time Receptionist to join our team of passionate educators and naturalists to assist in greeting guests and members to our Manor House and to run the reception desk. The Receptionist reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Greet visitors, providing orientation to the Nature Center’s programs and facilities
- Open and closes cash registers and performs reconciliation at close of business
- Answers phones, handling call transfers, general inquiries and messages
- Promote membership to visitors, share information regarding member benefits
- Manage the brochures and marketing materials that are available to the public
- Handle merchandise sales and assist with management of merchandise program
- Help to prepare for major events
- Assists with other duties as necessary
- Candidate should have a passion for the natural world, including an interest in animals and the environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills and desire to help out and anticipate needs
- Ability to interact with poise, tact and diplomacy with staff, board members, volunteers, clients and visitors
- Strong math and computer skills including MS Office skills
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
Work Days: Part-time, $15.00/hour maximum TBD hours per week.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Greenburgh Nature Center we value all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage everyone to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com